Welcome to Abbey House, the future of dementia care in Swindon
Call today on 01793 987730 to arrange a visit
We are delighted to welcome you to Abbey House, a purpose-built care home located in the St Andrews Ridge area of north Swindon. Abbey House is dual registered to provide both nursing and residential care.
Our ambition is for the home to become a centre of excellence in the provision of elder and dementia care. We aim to achieve this through providing a specialist service for 73 people with a particular focus on the dementia spectrum, from those who are physically active, to people who may have medical conditions complicated by living with dementia and those who require end of life care.
Looking to work at, or want or keep in touch on Abbey House? View our latest job vacancies on our job site and sign up to our Abbey House mailing list at the bottom of the page.
Facilities at Abbey House
- Abbey House has 73 bedrooms located in six separate areas over three floors. All bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms
- Each of the six areas has its own communal lounge and dining room to enable more family-style communities, which also provides space to eat and relax in.
- The facilities have been developed in line with Stirling Dementia Standards, which is a framework of standards that ensure the needs of those living in the home with dementia are met. Examples include ensuring that beds are positioned so residents can see bathrooms and mood-appropriate lighting.
- Ground floor rooms have access to the landscaped communal gardens
- On the first and second floors special 'grassed' balconies have been created to bring the outside in
- Other areas include activity rooms, hairdressing facilities, and assisted bathrooms.
- On the ground floor a coffee shop will be available with an aim to create a community café space.
- Specific quiet areas have been built in to enable community involvement, combat isolation and offer a good quality of life for residents.
- The entire building will be equipped with wi-fi, a Nurse Call system and secure door entry to manage the safe care and support of our residents.
- ‘Person Centred Software’ will be used across the home to enable care teams to carry out real-time record keeping, helping reduce the administration burden on care staff to enable them to provide a better level of care.
Call us on 01793 987730 to arrange a visit and find out more or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us: Abbey House, 40 Richardson Road, Swindon SN25 4DS
Register your interest in Abbey House