Work and volunteering
How can the Trust help me find employment?
milestones Trust is a signposting service which enables people to take control of their own lives by pointing them in the right direction to services that are beneficial to them and specifically tailored to their needs.
If you're looking for employment try the following:
- Remploy is a job agency for people with disabilities that enables people to develop their skills, create a CV and try being in an interview situation.
- Jobcentre Plus helps people find a job with its universal job match.
- Stepping Forward is a group run by Milestones Trust for people with learning disabilities. It enables people to focus on key skills and job preparation.
You can volunteer to build up skills to add to your CV for future employment.
- Volunteer Bristol has more than 600 volunteer roles to choose from. It has has a Volunteer Support Programme to assist people with addiction, mental health or housing issues.
- CSV is a UK wide volunteering and learning charity that offers a variety of volunteering opportunities
Help with interview and CV techniques
For further information and help with interview and CV techniques there is:
- City of Bristol College which has nine campuses across the city and holds open events where you can discover more about courses. The college can be contacted on 0117 312 5000.
- South Gloucestershire and Stroud College offers full time and part time courses. you can call the college on 0117 931 2121.