Expressions Arts Festival - Opening Minds 15th-16th September
The 2018 Expressions Arts Festival has the theme of ‘Opening Minds’ and will once again be curated by Art Consultant Louise Copping, who is renowned for her love of bright colours and extravagance.
Taking place at Bristol’s Paintworks on 15th-16th September from 10am – 7pm, the art event is inspired by nature and the environment, showcasing the artistic work of people with mental health needs and learning disabilities in the South West that’s set to astound and excite all who visit the exhibition.
New to 2018 will be live evening entertainment, as we welcome comedians and bands to take to our performance stage on both evenings of the festival. Comedians include Steve Day and Juliette Burton – to guarantee a seat to see their shows, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alongside comedians, singers and performers include Tim Burroughs, Small Days, Leiza Alpass, The Shrinks and more!
- 2.35pm, Saturday 15th September: Listen to Bristol-based Mireille Mathlener Band perform finely honed songs with a classy rock backing
- 3.45pm, Saturday 15th September: Returning fresh from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, comedian Steve Day will be performing his warm, witty and engaging show, Adventures in Alzheimers
- 6pm, Saturday 15th September: Get dancing to The Dunbars, a mix of high octane country and folk music with a nod to Skiffle
- 4pm, Sunday 16th September: Following a 14-night sold out performance at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, comedy writer and performer Juliette Burton will be talking about her mental health experiences and being an ambassador for charity Rethink
- 6pm, Sunday 16th September: Enjoy music from local band, The Shrinks, as they perform quirky songs that will have everyone tapping their feet