Recovery Pathway Conference
Coaching and Performance for Recovery:
A conference of two sessions
Location: The Paintworks, Bath Road, Bristol
Date: Tuesday 16 April
Cost: £75 per session (morning or afternoon) or £120 for full day. No charge for service users.
The morning session of the conference, Recovery Pathway: Coaching for Recovery, features keynote speaker Lynn Jones (above), a Lecturer at the University of the West of England and a qualified Life Coach. Ms Jones works on the basis that "there is no health without mental health" and shows how a client-centred approach can be used for mental health recovery.
The morning session will show how coaching can:
Be used as a resource to achieve person-centred relationships.
- Bring together a range of partners from the voluntary sector and community to work on reducing the stigma associated with mental health difficulties through coaching.
- Highlight the importance of challenging stigma and raise awareness of its impact on mental health, whilst promoting individual responsibility through person-centred relationships.
The afternoon session will be a performance workshop, Super Heroes and Alter Egos, from Drastic Productions. The company works with people who do not usually have access to the arts, including those with mental health issues.
The afternoon session will show how performance can:
- Be used as a medium for expression and as a means of promoting health and wellbeing.
- Bring together a range of partners from the voluntary sector and community to work on reducing the stigma associated with mental health difficulties.
- Develop skills and celebrate service user participation in reducing stigma through the use of the arts.
Coaching for Recovery
10.00: Recovery Pathway: Coaching for Recovery with Lynn Jones, Lecturer, UWE
12.00: Recovery Pathway: Coaching for Recovery with Lynn Jones, Lecturer, UWE
01.00 Lunch break
Super Heroes and Alter Egos
02.00: Super Heroes and Alter Egos performance workshop
03.45: Super Heroes and Alter Egos performance workshop
This conference and performance workshop takes place in the Paintworks Exhibition Space, not far from Bristol Temple Meads Station. During breaks you can explore the stunning arts exhibition, including knitted secret garden, enchanted forest and craft marquee. Expressions is a programme of arts activities run by Milestones Trust.
Booking essential. Please contact Wendy Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org